When an Indian court declared Salman Khan guilty and pronounced a 5-year sentence on the star, everyone had their strong opinions on the sentence for Bhaijan and almost everyone came out to extend their support and express their opinions. But someone hogged the limelight. And no, it wasn’t Salman Khan. It was, in fact, Ajeem Khan, better known as a ‘Salman Khan’ lookalike. He was seen outside the court expressing his views. But why was he even being interviewed in the first place? That’s way beyond our literacy index!
Nevertheless, did you know that these lookalikes have a crucial role in Bollywood too? Most action-packed films which revolve around stunts have these ‘stunt-doubles’ doing the real action for Bollywood’s superstars. Since every film-maker today is in a rat-race to make their film the most entertaining, these fearless people are the folk who risk their lives and make some of the toughest scenes come alive for actors. While some of these films do well enough to enter the 100-crore club, the stunt-men earn a mere Rs 3,500 – to Rs 8,000 for eight hours.
Shocking, right? Meet these real-life heroes who have made some of your favorite films a likable deal to watch!
1. Aamir Khan with his body double in Downtown Chicago shooting for Dhoom 3.
2. Shahrukh Khan’s body double for his upcoming filmFan.
Shahrukh also posed with his stuntman who did most of the stunts for him inChennai Express.
3. Sanobar Pardiwala has done some brilliant stunts for top actresses like Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif.
4. Asif Mehta has been a stuntman for over seven years, and has done stunts for actors like Manoj Bajpai and Emraan Hashmi.
5. Geeta Tandon has been doing stunts in Bollywood for over 6 years.
In fact, Geeta has done stunts for actresses like Deepika Padukone, Parineeti Chopra, Katrina Kaif and Bipasha Basu in films such as Chennai Express, Hasee Toh Phasee, Ragini MMS, Welcome, Corporate, Singh Saab The Great and Lamha
6. Stuntman Jawed El Berni, a French boy, has carried off stunts for Salman Khan in Ek Tha Tiger, and for Akshay Kumar in Housefull 2.
7. Shiv Darshan did a few stunts for Akshay Kumar in the film Talaash: The Hunt Begins.
Although Akshay Kumar is popular in Bollywood for rarely using a stunt double, his bad health resulted in Shiv having to do so. Interestingly, Shiv realised his Bollywood dreams after doing stunts for Akshay, but his debut film, that released in 2013, flopped at the box-office.
But Hollywood isn’t far too far behind either.
Tom Cruise poses with his stunt-double in this fun picture!
Rupert Grint A.K.A Ron Weasley from the Harry Potterseries poses with his stunt-double.
Brad Pitt and his stunt duplicate. Spot the difference?
Kate Winslet and her stunt-double could be twins!