Deciding not to conform to conventions, making your own way, taking control of your own life, not giving into societal pressures comes at a cost, but it’s all worth it in the end. Here’s why you should start living life on your own terms right from this moment.
1. You’re different, you’re unique. You’re the only combination of your wild streaks, your eccentricities, your quirks, your body, your mind, your soul. You’re too rare to fit into every societal norm that there is. The society doesn’t know enough to lay down all the rules for you.
2. Your heart always says the truth. If you ignore that voice, you miss out on the biggest revelation of life – discovering your true self. And trust us, sometimes; all the rebellion is really worth it.
3. Nobody really knows what the best is for you. Nobody but you. What worked for them may not always work for you. You’ve got to find your own way!
4. You can be so much more than just another ordinary person living life just like everyone else. You can be a trendsetter, an example, and an inspiration.
5. If you do what you should right now, you won’t spend the rest of your life regretting the things you didn’t, regretting the chances you didn’t take. There’s no bigger answer in this world than your own intuition.
6. Living someone else’s life will never keep you happy. And those who’re not happy themselves can never keep anyone else happy.
7. In fact, when you decide to live life on your own terms, you search for happiness within. You take full responsibility of how you feel and don’t depend on someone else for your own happiness. It is the most liberating feeling ever.
8. You owe it to yourself. You cannot keep your soul caged in social shackles forever. Let go of all fears and taste freedom!
9. When you take control of your life, you become a much more accepting person. You respect people for their life choices because you know what it takes to stand up on your own.
10. Lastly, you need to start living life on your own terms because there’s no reason why you shouldn’t. It is anyway futile to worry about what others think – you cannot keep everyone happy and the sooner you realize it, the simpler life gets. Those who matter will stick around, anyway.