We have time and again told you that SRK and Kajol together are magical on screen. Now when they are all set to return on the big screen after half a decade, our excitement as fans is just limitless. Shahrukh and Kajol are Bollywood’s Raj and Simran and they’ll forever remain that!
Shah Rukh and Kajol’s offscreen chemistry is as good and sizzling as their onscreen chemistry. People who say that it’s hard to maintain and stay friends in Bollywood, please learn from them. They have time and again appeared on shows like Koffee With Karan and promotional events and in all their appearances, the affection and love they have for each other is well evident. Here are 9 confessions and things that King Khan said about his Simran AKA Kajol. These confessions will make you want to call your old friend who was once very close. 🙂
1. “I miss Kajol in every film. With this film, she gave us 150 days. She had to be away from her children and I know it is a huge sacrifice for a parent.”
2. “We are restless people who want to do more films, earn more money, but Kajol is a rested soul. She doesn’t care about these things. We are thankful that she took time out for this movie!”
3. “When I was working with her in Baazigar, Aamir asked me about her as he wanted to work with her. I left him a message saying, ‘She is very bad, no focus, you will not be able to work with her’. And then I saw the rushes in the evening. I kept calling Aamir to clarify. I told him, ‘I don’t know what it is, but she is magical on the screen’.
4. “Kajol is not technical, she is an honest actor and that’s a great quality.”
5. “My daughter (Suhana) wants to become an actress and I would want her to learn that. I hope I learn that from Kajol. I can’t explain, but she is something else on the screen.”
6. “I have not worked with Kajol after My Name Is Khan. It is always exciting to work with her. She is my warmest, closest friend. We have done really nice cinema together. I hope we can recreate that for Dilwale as well!”
7. “My friend Kajol makes my songs look like magic & not just another song.”
8. “It is a little awkward to say that someone can be the same level as Kajol and I. I never felt like we have the best chemistry. We ourselves don’t know how we have this crackling chemistry, so to judge someone else is awkward. When I see these youngsters on screen, I find their chemistry to be much better than ours.”
9. “I am not very talkative in personal life. Kajol will have an upper hand when it comes to talking over all of us. Even now, I have to tell her to ‘shut up’.”