Some of us are born dreamers. There is only little in this world that interests us. We live in our own little world unperturbed by the chaos around. We’re not lost; we’re away into the unimaginable. Sounds familiar? Here are 17 signs you’re one of us too.
1. Your friends keep complaining that you’re a bad listener because your mind almost always drifts away from conversations all of a sudden. They have to literally shake you awake every two minutes.
2. You sometimes forget what you were going to say or what you just said a minute ago. Conversations are always a blur.
3. You have such a short attention span, sometimes you don’t even realize someone is talking to you and just walk away.
4. You often find yourself staring into the distance, completely motionless, till you lose all sense of time. People have to constantly check if you’re still alive.
5. Your sense of direction and way finding is the poorest of all. You’re so lost that sometimes you can’t even find your way out of your friend’s house. You’re always knocking on the wrong door.
6. Even though you’re always looking out of the window when sitting in a friend’s car, you never seem to remember the way to any place. God knows what you’re looking at, smiling to yourself.
7. Dinner is another excuse for you to day dream. People have already finished their meal after three servings and gone to bed while you haven’t even taken the second bite.
8. You spend at least an hour and a half in the bathroom every morning doing absolutely nothing.
9. As a kid, you often got lost in the crowd because you couldn’t walk together with your parents.
10. You’re always running late because you drift away in the middle of tasks. You know you must hurry but your mind hasn’t returned from the dreamland yet.
11. You sometimes talk to yourself too, in public!
12. Despite the teacher yelling your name every time, you never heard her. You always missed out on your attendance call and got punished because you weren’t listening even when you were getting scolded.
13. You watch a lot of movies but don’t remember any of them the next day. You envy those who can mouth all those iconic dialogues. You don’t even remember the basic plot line even after watching it thrice.
14. You’re the one who keeps banging into poles and glass walls wherever he goes.
15. Even though you’re standing right at the platform, the train arrives and leaves right in front of your eyes and you don’t even realize. Getting off at the wrong metro station is a usual occurrence too.
16. You’re the world’s most brilliant procrastinator. Your day dreaming leaves no room for any sense of urgency in your life.
17. You day dream so much, the dream seems more real to you than the real world itself.
If you could identify with the above points, you’d most probably relate to this too.