For a person who spends a good 50 percent of her week in cleaning things, a compilation of cleaning hacks is a life-saver. So, there are going to be two kinds of readers: one who will think that I’m some kind of freak. And other who will totally relate to me. But, to find this article useful, you don’t have to be a cleaning maniac.
These day to day cleaning tips are going to make your life easier. So, if you happened to stain your clothes or carpet, these will come in handy!
1. Remove the hard water stains with vinegar
Are you sick of hard water stains on all your expensive crockery? All you have to do is dip a soft piece of cloth in vinegar and rub all the stains clean.
2. Clean your blinds with vinegar and old sock
Wear an old sock and dip it into a solution of vinegar and water (50-50), and then clean the blinds. After that, you can use another sock to wipe them dry.
3. Use baking soda to clean dirty dishes
All those burnt marks will vanish.
4. Clean your dirty keyboard with toothbrush and cotton swab
Goodbye to all those hidden dust particles.
5. Steam clean the microwave with some water and few slices of lemon
Fill half the glass with water and put some slices of lemon in it. Microwave it till it starts to bubble and leave it for a few minutes to steam. Then, take a cloth and wipe the whole microwave clean.
6. Remove grease from clothes with talcum powder
Sprinkle some powder on the spot and leave it there for ten minutes. Then, wash as usual. Goodbye, grease.
7. Remove marks from your taps and faucets with a lemon
Just rub half a lemon on the marks and it will be sparkling clean in no time.
8. Clean your washing machine with vinegar & baking soda
Fill your machine with hot water and add 3-4 cups of white vinegar. After a minute, add ½ cup of baking soda and spin the machine for at least 30 minutes. Your machine will be sparkling clean.
9. Use rubbing alcohol to remove nail polish from carpet
Remove the excess nail polish with a paper towel and then rub the stain with some rubbing alcohol. Throw some cold water while scrubbing.
10. Use cola to get rid of stubborn stains from toilet
Yes! As ridiculous as it sounds, it works.
11. Clean lipstick stains with hairspray
Spray on the mark and leave it for 10 minutes. Then, dab it with a wet cloth and wash it as usual.
12. Use shoe polish to cover scratches on leather sofas
Be careful about the colour and remember to wipe away the excess polish.
13. Wipe away tea and coffee stains with water and baking soda
Half mug water and some baking soda will do the magic. Just soak the stain for 30 minutes.
14. Use newspaper to absorb smells in refrigerator
Roll one and leave inside overnight. Your fridge will smell fresh by morning.
15. Clean your iron by running it on foil paper covered with salt
Make sure the iron is hot and on ‘no steam’.
16. Clean old dusty candles by rubbing them with stockings
All that stubborn dirt stuck to it will go away.
17. Pick broken pieces of glass by pressing a piece of bread or clay on them
That way, you’ll protect your hands.
18. Cover your shower with a bag of vinegar to remove stains
It will be bright as new in no time.
19. Clean your hair brush with warm water and shampoo
Read the full instructions here.
20. Use vodka as a disinfectant
Put it in a spray bottle and spray it on your carpet to disinfect it.
Hope these were helpful. Until next time…