It is fascinating to see how varied culture can be across this strange world. Sex – the most human need is met in different ways in different parts of the world, and we must say, it is definitely interesting to see how different communities perceive sex. For some it is the ultimate union of two souls and for others, it’s a basic need. Here are 15 sex rituals from around you never knew existed!
- It is considered perfectly normal for 6-12 years old children belonging to the Trobriander tribe of Papa New Guinea to start getting involved in sexual activities even at that early age.
- In ancient times the people of Egypt believe that the rive Nile was actually a result of Atum’s ejaculation. Believing this legend, the pharaohs of Egypt used to masturbate into the river.
- Some tribes in Nepal practice polyandry. Brothers of the same family share their sexual partner just so their locality does not get overpopulated.
- In the earlier times, it was perfectly normal for people to see their own parents having sex in the Marquesas Islands.
- The Sambian Tribe of New Guinea brings its boys and girls up separately and during that period they were made to swallow the semen of their tribe’s most powerful warriors.
- Homosexuality was not only accepted but was so common in the Siwa tribe of Egypt, straight people were considered abnormal!
- Men living in the Mahinaku village, Brazil used to openly compete with other men for women to have sex with them by bringing them gifts like fish.
- In an island in the South Pacific Ocean called Mangaia, older women have sex with boys as young as 13 to teach them how to make love to their partners!
- In the Hawaiian culture, everybody named their genitals. They even made chants describing their private parts.
- In ancient Greece, homosexuality was openly accepted. In fact, sex between an old man and a young boy was celebrated. But for some odd reason, the two men of the same age having sex was a big stigma!
- The Guajiro people of Colombia have a ceremonial dance within their community in which, if a woman succeeds in tripping a man while dancing, the two need to have sex.
- In the little island of Inis Beag, men must keep their underwears on at all times, even while engaging in sexual activities. What’s even more surprising that the people of Inis Beag believe intercourse to be harmful to health.
- In Cambodia, the people of the Kreung tribe used to build ‘love huts’ where young girls could have sex with different men until they found a suitable partner!
- In Indonesia, men have sex with women other than their wives during the Pon celebration.
- The people of Muria Tribe, Chattisgarh build sex dormitories where adolescents can practice premarital sex with no promises of a union. In fact, people of the Muria Tribe discourage the idea of getting emotionally attached to their sexual partners.