The 90s are by far our favourite era—partly because the period has produced some glorious, corny albeit masaledaar songs that simply refuse to leave our heads, and partly because it’s the period we grew up in. The year 2016 is around the corner and we thought what better way to ring in the New Year than dancing on this ultimate 90s party playlist. You’ve been warned though—you’re going to have too much fun drunk dancing to these songs!
1. Kisi Disco Mein Jaye (Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, 1998)
And it only goes crazier from here!
2. Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast (Mohra, 1994)
If you grew up in the 90s, you definitely know the lyrics by heart.
3. Ole Ole (Yeh Dillagi, 1994)
Throwback to the time when men picked up hot girls at a party like this!
4. Tan Tana Tan (Judwaa, 1997)
This will surely make your 9 to 12 memorable. Rather memorable!
5. Oonchi Hai Building (Judwaa, 1997)
6. Tip Tip Barsa Bani (Mohra, 1994)
The hottest rain song that ever was. Raveena, man! She’s a sight to the sore eyes.
7. Hero No. 1 (Hero No. 1, 1997)
Remember that time when you danced to this on your friend’s birthday?
8. Sarkai Liyo Khatiya (Raja Babu, 1994)
Only Govinda and Karishma can dance on such a sleazy song and rock it.
9. Main Khiladi Tu Anari (Main Khiladi Tu Anari, 1994)
The drunken bro code demands that you and your best friend dance to this on the next party.
10. Chura Ke Dil Mera (Main Khiladi Tu Anari, 1994)
What a film, what songs!
11. Dhak Dhak Karne Laga (Beta, 1992)
There’s nothing more fun than raunchy Bollywood numbers from the 90s!
12. Ye Kaali Kaali Aankhein (Baazigar, 1993)
Where do you even find such nightclubs?
13. Tujhko Mirchi Lagi (Coolie No. 1, 1995)
Piss off your mate and then dance to this song!
14. Muqabala (Humse Hain Muqabala, 1994)
Thank you for this, Prabhu Deva!
15. Hamma Hamma (Bombay, 1995)
This one’s a total floor-burner. You’ll be rocking to this song till the morning after.
16. Goriya Chura Na Mera Jiya (Coolie No. 1, 1995)
Time to bring out those pelvic thrusts!
17. Pak Chik Pak Raja Babu (Raja Babu, 1994)
Chi Chi and his antics. Super duper funny.
18. O O Jane Jana (Pyar Kiya Toh Darna Kya, 1998)
Yeah, just don’t take off those shirts.
19. Jumma Chumma (Hum, 1991)
This shit is epic.
20. Chunari Chunari (Biwi No. 1, 1999)
Your playlist would be incomplete because of this!
21. Meri Marzi (Gambler, 1995)
You HAVE to dance on this one ‘cuz Meri Marzi!
22. Hai Hukku (Gopi Kishan, 1994)
A free shot to the one who can decipher what Hai Hukku means.
23. Choli Ke Peeche (Khalnayak, 1993)
Because don’t we all wonder that? Sometimes a bit too vividly.
24. O Laal Dupatte Wali (Aankhein, 1993)
This one would be incomplete without that multi-coloured shirt!
25. Kurta Phaad Ke (Anari No. 1, 1999)
Go cray cray!
26. Duniya Haseeno Ka Mela (Gupt, 1997)
Can you match up to Bobby’s swag?
27. Sundara Sundara (Rakshak, 1996)
28. Makhna (Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, 1998)
Govinda, Amitabh Bachchan and Madhuri Dixit together in a song. Can it get more awesome?
29. Jhanjhariya (Krishna, 1996)
While you’re refilling your drink, watch this one and you’d be rolling on the floor laughing!
30. What Is Mobile Number (Haseena Maan Jaayegi, 1999)
Don’t we all know the steps by heart?
31. Ankhiyon Se Goli Mare (Dulhe Raja, 1998)
You cannot not copy these dance moves!
32. Ankhiyan Milau Kabhi Ankhiyan Churau (Raja, 1995)
Probably the only time we remember Sanjay Kapoor!
33. Jaati Hoon Main (Karan Arjun, 1995)
Kajol – SRK would still be embarrassed about this!
34. Yaara O Yaara (Jeet, 1996)
We double dare you to copy those steps in your drunken state.
35. East Or West India Is The Best (Judwaa, 1997)
Because, when else will you get a chance to prove your patriotism!
36. Gore Gore Mukhde Pe (Suhaag, 1994)
Bring out your sunnies, you guys.
37. Piya Piya (Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega, 2000)
All hail Preeti and Pinki!
38. Garam Chai Ki Pyali Ho (Judwaa, 1997)
Two words- Anu Mailk. ‘Nuff said!
39. Jab Tak Rahega Samose Mein Aaloo (Mr. & Mrs. Khiladi, 1997)
40. Na Na Na Re Re (Mrityudaata, 1997)
Such a crowd puller, this one.
41. Aye, Kya Bolti Tu (Ghulam, 1998)
Come on, you’ve got to sing along!
42. Urvashi Urvashi (Humse Hai Muqabla, 1994)
Definitely our personal favourite!
43. Khada Hai (Andaz, 1994)
And we end this list with the most perverted Bollywood song ever. All the sleazeballs in the party, please stand up!