Did you know Bollywood mega producers Yash Chopra and Yash Johar have family connections? Well, hold your breath. Yash Johar is the brother-in-law of Yash Chopra (jeeja-saala to be precise). We are sure you didn’t know that actor Kunal Kapoor is married to the daughter of Ajitabh Bachchan (Big B’s brother). Want more? Actress Alia Bhatt is filmmaker Dharmesh Darshan’s cousin. Also Ashutosh Gowariker’s wife Sunita is Ayan Mukherjee’s half-sister. Bollywood is surely one big family. And we won’t be wrong to say that everyone is somewhere connected to some lineage of Bollywood, be it the Chopras, the Johars or the Bhatts. And if you aren’t having any link to any clan, you are unlucky!
Take a look at the following relationships. Some might just leave you connecting the threads.
1. Both sets of siblings are maternal cousins. Their mothers Daisy Irani and Menaka Irani are real sisters.
2. Sonam’s nani and Ranveer’s dadaji are siblings. So basically, their mothers are cousins!
3. Tabu and Farah’s father Jamal Hashmi is Shabana’s brother.
4. Shekhar’s mother Sheela Kanta was Dev Anand’s sister. And Purab’s dad Harsh is Shekhar’s cousin.
5. DDLJ’s Chutki and Sonakshi’s grandmothers are real sisters. Ruparel’s younger sister Bhavna also made her Bollywood debut in 2012.
6. Uday and Roshni’s father Ravi Chopra are first cousins. Ravi is the son of B.R. Chopra and Yash Chopra’s nephew.
7. Sharman is married to Prem Chopra’s daughter Prerna.
8. Sadhna’s father and Babita’s father Hari Shivdasani are brothers, making the yesteryear divas, first cousins.
9. Vidya is the second cousin of Tamil-Telugu sensation, Priyamani.
10. Vivek Oberoi and Akshay’s fathers are brothers. So they are first cousins.
11. Karan’s mother Hiroo Johar and Aditya’s father Yash Chopra are siblings. No wonder Karan agreed to make his first onscreen appearance in Adi’s DDLJ.
12. Pamela Chopra’s sister Darshi is the mother of Simi Garewal.
13. Mani Ratnam is the son-in-law of Kamal Hassan’s brother, Charuhasan.
14. Ali’s wife Ayesha Fazli is Aamir Khan’s distant cousin.
15. Abhishek’s mother is Jeetendra’s sister, and Jeetendra, we all know is the siblings’ father.
16. Ayub’s father Nasir Khan is Dilip Kumar’s brother.
17. DJ Aqeel is married to Suzanne’s sister Farah Ali Khan.
18. Fardeen married Mumtaz’s daughter, Natasha. FYI, Mumtaz and Feroz Khan were a hit onscreen pair in the 1970s.
19. Shraddha is the grand niece of legendary singers Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle. Her grandfather is the cousin of the Mangeshkars. Now we know where Shraddha got all that singing talent!
20. Kajol-Tanishaa’s father Shomu Mukherjee, Ayan’s father Deb, and Sharbani’s father Rono are all brothers.
21. Ramanand Sagar and Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s father, D.N. Chopra, married Vinod’s mother after Ramanand’s mother passed away.
22. Amrita’s grandfather and Guru Dutt were second cousins.
23. Armaan is the son of Daboo Malik. And Daboo Malik is Anu Malik’s brother.
24. Tanvi is married to Baba Azmi, Shabana’s brother.
25. Vidhu’s father D.N. Chopra and Adi’s father Yash Chopra are brothers.
26. Emraan is the son of Mahesh Bhatt’s cousin sister. Hence, he is Mahesh’s nephew and Pooja-Alia’s cousin.