Indian Army has given us more than just one reason to keep our heads high. They have been a constant source of afflatus to keep going. They never stop, they just don’t and that’s ceaseless. The life of their kids thus vary a lot from the life of regular kids.
But, that doesn’t stop the fun in their life. They learn the meaning of carpe diem the hard way and redefine the word “quirky”. See how
1. Army Kids have their entire childhood fidgeting around war stories, guns, missiles etc..
Regular Kids are mostly learning awesome stuff related to respective states & cultures
2. Army Kids eat food of all forms and from all the states, before they turn 15
Regular Kids be like “I don’t know what that is”
3. Army Kids have free access to library, gym, sports complex, basketball ground and other 65858 places
Regular Kids be like “Every form of refuge has its price”
4. Army Kids make new set of friends every year; and a friendship that lasts a lifetime
Regular Kids hang out with same set of friends for their entire school life
5. Army kids travel to school in Shaktiman
Regular Kids travel to school either in school bus or on “Papa ka scooter”
6. Rain. Hailstorm. Ice. Army kids have seen their fathers going on for an early morning walk / exercise/ running.
Regular Kids have it the other way; their parents forcing them to go to early morning walks
7. Even having a “Bhaiya” around almost always to help; Army kids learn to do their own work
Regular Kids live & cherish the luxuries of having a helper, if at all
8. There’s no party in the world that holds a torch in front of Army Parties; PATIALA Peg Rs 30 Only Ji
Well Alcohol for a Regular Kid is real expensive shit
9. Traveling is more of a routine than a choice with Army kids. 16 yrs, 7 States, 5 Schools, 1289 Facebook friends and still counting
The life of a Regular Kid be like 16 yrs, 1 State, 1 School, 20 kickass friends
10. Jack of all Indian languages and master of sarcasm, Army Kids know it all
Master of mother tongue & vernacular nuances, while the rest is “SKJGSSOKDNHS “
11. Sir / Maam, because Uncle / Aunty is too cheap for Army Kids
Regular Kids use words likes chacha, chachi, nana, nani, bua, bhoji with all the pride
12. Officers mess should be the official place by now for sharing one’s first drink with their father
Alcohol for Regular Kids is a far fetched dream and that too with your dad? Are you fucking kidding me?
13. Life at home is sort of a boot camp; there’s no label on the things that you can do or can’t do. We do it all, we do it together
Regular Kids be like : Eeewww, me ye nahi kar sakti, well mostly
14. Many Army Kids wake up to the sound of The Bigul, Marching Ground or Firing Range
Regular Kids wake up to the sound of almost everything but that
15. Army Kids start all their cool stories from “When we were at Dehradun…Siliguri….Deolali…Mhow….”
Regular Kids mostly start their cool stories from “When my dad wasn’t at home…When my mom went out…” If you know what I mean
16. Cat-calling? Eve Teasing? Dude, that won’t happen in Cantt areas. NEVER
Well, we teach our boys to take care of women and we teach our girls to be safe. It’s easier that way
17. The joy of moving to the same house in different cities; PACKING STUFF & UNPACKING STUFF. Every three years or less
The beauty of staying in one house for as long as you can remember
But you know what, it doesn’t really matter if you’re an Army kid or a regular kid. The crux of life lies in creating memories and everyone has their own share of awesomeness.