In just a week since its release, Tanu Weds Manu Returns has become one of the most successful films of 2015. Lead actors Kangana Ranaut and R Madhavan are too busy thanking the film fraternity and audience for their compliments. However, there is another person who is on cloud nine these days. Yes, we are talking about Deepak Dobriyal!
Deepak, who plays Pappiji in the film has been lauded for his comic timing and intriguing on-screen presence. It would be wrong of us if we forget to mention Himanshu Sharma here, and all thanks to Aanand L Rai for getting him on board for the dialogues. After ignoring all the minor errors in the script, the film is a sure-shot hit already and Pappiji is one of the reasons.
If the first dose of funniest dialogues from the film made you laugh, here are 11 of Pappiji’s dialogues that are so funny that they’ll stay with you for longer than usual!
1. More aashiqui = More pollution?
2. You can’t have severe commitment issues unless you’re Salman Khan. Get it?
3. Colony-wala love.
4. Pappiji is very clear with his priorities, okay?
5. FYI that weird looking toy that makes a funny sound when you press it is Peepni.
6. When you are beaten for stalking a girl, this might just sum up your pain too well.
7. For knowledge related to hips you never really wanted.
8. Because, screw English.
9. When you know death is imminent, some prior arrangements always come handy.
10. The next time your cab-guy overcharges you for that extra waiting, this might just work.
11. Serious food-combination logic.