How does one find Mr Right? It was easier in fairy tales. All you had to do was kiss the frog and he turned into a handsome prince. It’s a wee bit more complicated in the real world. Reality is when things don’t just fall into place. You have had more than two boyfriends at least, but taking the plunge with them was another thing entirely. Now you worry whether you will ever really find the right one, or did you already break up with the right one. How do even you know if he is the right one. Hair-tearing questions, these are. But before you pull out all your glorious locks, take a look at some pointers we’ve managed to put together. You may not immediately know that your current significant other is going to be your spouse someday, but here are some signs that you two are bound for life.
1. You have similar long-term goals, be it kids, a house or just travel all your lives. And these things matter.
2.You like each other’s families and that’s very important because they will be a part of your lives. Plus if you are merely tolerating them, you can be sure that will be the most frequent reason for fights between any couple.
3. You miss him/her when you’re apart. Alone time is healthy, but so is wanting to giggle and chat with your favorite person in the world after a rough day at work. No wonder you miss him.
4. He doesn’t try to change you. He knows you’re messier than him, that you prefer to have cats around, and can’t cook to save your life, and all of that is okay with him.
5. When you think about marrying him, the best part isn’t the wedding, it’s the idea of spending your lives together.
6. You love having your own space, but if you must have a roommate, you’d prefer it to be him.
7. You don’t have to look nice for each other all the time. Though you still like to dress up and surprise the other person with a pretty outfit, you two can be messy and laze around each other and not even think twice about it.
8. You’re a good team. This may sound unromantic, but having someone who is there for you day in and day out, for better or worse, is as sweet as it gets.
9. You’ve survived tough times and blowouts. Life partnership isn’t all snuggles and kisses, so it’s important to know you can get through disagreements before you tie the knot.
10. He cares about your friends. If one of them is having a bad day, he suggests you go spend time with her or invite her to join the two of you for dinner. If he hasn’t heard someone’s name in a while, he asks how she’s doing.
11. You can cry in front of him without feeling embarrassed. He knows when to worry and when he doesn’t because you’re just caught up in a scene of a movie.
12. You have both bared enough of your inner selves, fears and secrets so that ego and power struggles are no longer an issue. Well, for the most part that is..