Being totally honest with your boyfriend is one of the best things about being in a rock-solid relationship. You don’t need to pretend to impress him anymore. But despite the comfort you share, there are some things that you cannot, or don’t want to be completely honest about. You don’t wish to come across as nagging or vulnerable but at times, it is best to tell him what you really feel.
1. I am angry because: Instead of trying to let him figure it out, tell him exactly what upsets you.
2. I wish you would: Tell him exactly what you want and spare yourself the heartbreak that happens when he gets it completely wrong.
3. ‘I wish you wouldn’t’: There are some things that you’d rather he wouldn’t do, or would do differently. Tell him about it upfront instead of getting upset every time.
4. This is what I want you to do in bed: It’s better to tell him rather than have a miserable time in the sack.
5. I am in a bad mood right now: It might sound negative, but trust us it’s better to say it and let him know rather than snap at him and have him wondering what’s wrong.
6. I’d like to be alone: At times you just want some time with yourself. You might be scared that this will hurt his feelings but you need your space too.
7. Where is our relationship going?: This can be quite a tricky question but rather than second guessing you should ask him outright if you both are on the same page.
8. I am not comfortable with you having a girl BFF: Yes you trust him, but rather than acting like it’s no big deal, tell him that you are uncomfortable with the idea.
9. I am not happy: Tell him if you aren’t completely happy in the relationship. Instead of leading him on and letting him believe everyone is fine, you both need to face the real problems.
10. I don’t trust you anymore: If there are some things he has done that has broken your trust, let him know. He should be aware of how you no longer completely trust him and he needs to rebuild it.