As a ‘F.R.I.E.N.D.S’ addict and an ardent fan, there are two things that I just can’t get over with.
1) Phoebe’s songs, and
2) ROSS GELLER, the whole package.
Played by David Schwimmer, the character of Ross Geller is not as much talked about as of others in the series, but, it is definitely the one that has left lasting impressions on viewers.
He is a fun brother, a true friend, and an adorably miserable lover. But that is not all, he is best at many things. In fact, most of our favourite episodes are the ones that centre around Ross’s highs and lows. Let’s re-live the many scenes in which David Schwimmer made Ross Geller one of the funniest guys to have ever embraced the world of sitcoms.
But first, let our dear friend greet us with his legendary…
So here goes…
1. Ross is a super intense man with the power of Unagi
2. He is also a devoted musician, and…
3. … a dancer with unparalleled goofy moves!
4. And keeping aside all the hits and misses in his love life, he cannot imagine his life without his lobster
5. Yet when the unthinkable happens in his love life, he tries to act fine…
6. All-in-all, he has been, in my knowledge, the most dramatically perfect on-again-off-again boyfriend in the history of sitcoms
7. He is also the most messed up of all in the group
8. And his dinosaur love is so pure that some of the research matter on the extinct species is the recipe of his own mind….
…like this one where he is telling his class about what velociraptor must have sounded like.
9. But when it was absolutely the need of the hour, he went to the extent of comprising on his fossil love by bribing Rachel’s boss with a genuine dino egg…(replica)
10. He took jokes on him but only when they were factually correct!
11. No matter what others gossiped about, Ross knew his truth and loved himself dearly!
12. He always had a plan for everything, and never cared when they backfired
13. And for all the times he quietly proved that he is the most caring friend ever
14. He is also the man who knows how to find business opportunities from the worst of problems
15. But the most epic reason as to why he should be given more credit than he usually gets is because he made it so easy for us to handle the haters with the Friendly Finger gesture!
16. And here is the proof that he has played all the roles in his life exceptionally well:
A considerate father,
A dear friend who would not sit in peace unless he gets to know why his friends are mad at him,
A fun brother, and…
…a true lover who would never let go!
Deal with it guys, being Ross is no piece of cake! And so, for all the times he used his miseries to tickle our funny bone, he deserves a round of applause.