Some smells in this world are better than the best of concocted perfumes.
They tantalize our brains and literally make us lose track of the present for the time we inhale the scent. For most of us, a lot of the smells we like vary from person to person.
But some of them are loved by many of us, and for the time the fragrance lasts, it makes us very happy.
1. The smell of soil after the first rains
2. The smell of freshly mowed grass
3. A basket full of laundered clothes
The smell of detergent and clean clothes is so good you can fall asleep in them.
4. The smell of the pages of a new book
Flipping through the pages with your nose right in front of the leaves.
5. The smell of freshly showered hair of your love
You want your face to vanish in those locks forever.
6. The smell when you walk through a spice market
Your brain literally goes into the zone where it tries to figure out which spice it is smelling.
7. When your crush walks by and you wonder what perfume she is wearing
And you may or may never know what that fragrance was.
8. The delicate fumes of petrol as you fill it in your vehicle at a petrol pump
It is weird how good petrol fumes smell.
9. The smell of your home after you visit it after a long time
You’d almost forgotten what childhood smelled like.
10. The smell of street food cooking in open pans as you walk through the city in the evening
Especially during the monsoons.
11. The sudden smell of night blooming Jasmine as you are walking on a road at night
And you look for the flowers because you cannot figure out where the fragrance is coming from.
12. The smell of your grandmother
Grandmothers smell like love.
13. The smell of freshly cut lemons
14. The smell when you sprinkle baby powder on a freshly washed baby
Talc plus baby smell is adorable.
15. The smell of freshly ground coffee beans
Nothing quite like it.
Are there any other smells that give you peace and happiness?
Share them with us in the comments.