Ever since I was a child, all I wanted was to run behind the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park or visit Hogwarts and study there. We all know what happens when that bubble breaks. But do you also know the level of my excitement when I realised that both of them were actually shot in real locations and were not just green screens!?
For your kind pleasure (you’re welcome), we bring you some of our favourite fictional locations, and the real life places (only Earth, FYI ) where they were shot.
1. Jurassic Park from the same film: Kauaʻi, Hawaii.
2. Metropolis from Superman: New York City, New York, USA.
3. Gotham City from Batman: Chicago, Illinois, USA.
4. The Island from Lost: Oahu, Hawaii.
5. Arendelle from Frozen: Nærøyfjord, Norway.
6. Hill Valley from Back To The Future: Petaluma, California, USA.
7. Planet Mars from The Martian: Wadi Rum, Jordan.
8. Hogwarts from Harry Potter: Glencoe, Scotland.
9. Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls: Washington, Connecticut, USA.
10. Tatooine from Star Wars: Djerba, Tunisia.
11. The Shire from Lord of The Rings: Matamata, New Zealand.
12. Mordor from Lord of The Rings: Mount Tongariro, New Zealand.
13. Winterfell from Game of Thrones: Castle Ward, Northern Ireland.
14. King’s Landing from Game of Thrones: Dubrovnik, Croatia.
15. Dorne from Game of Thrones: Seville, Spain.
I’m packing my bags and travelling the Seven Kingdoms next!
Which fictional location would you like to travel?
Tell us in the comments.