Honey Singh is another fixation India loves to have but hates to admit. You may not be a fan but there can be no denying his songs really are infectious. The more you hate them, the more popular they get, and the faster they make their way into your playlist. If you too, love to hate him, here are 10 things we’re sure you go through every time a new Honey Singh song gets released.
1. You know it’s going to happen, and soon. Tomorrow, if not today, a new Honey Singh song is going to be released. You know it, it’s inevitable. And yet when the day arrives, your reaction looks something like this.
2. And, before you know it, it’s playing every where, on every channel, literally! If they had their way, they’d probably even start playing them on news channels.
3. Switching on the radio only makes it worse. It’s either Arvind Kejriwal’s vote appeal or that latest Honey Singh song. And, all you want to do is to pull the radio out of your car and flung it out of the window!
4. Wherever you go, you hear people either listening to that same song or discussing it and only you know how hard it is for you to stop yourself from beating the sh*t out of them.
5. Your lose faith in humanity when you find your own close friends going crazy over it. It’s unbelievable how such a stupid song has gotten over the whole world!
6. We all have that one friend who always talks us into going back home and listening to it a couple of times. And, despite knowing it’s going to get stuck in your head, we take the risk.
7. And, one day you find yourself humming ‘Aunty Police Bula Legi’ all by yourself. And you want to kill yourself for it.
8. You come to realize the song isn’t actually as bad as you initially thought it was. The beats are actually catchy. But you’re too cool to admit it. So, you pretend to still hate it.
9. You get drunk at the next party and dance the sh*t out on the same song, without even realizing it. Yes, blame it on the alcohol.
10. And, one week later, you’re a completely different person!