The 63rd National Film Awards are here and the winners have just been announced! The National Film Awards were established in 1954, and the award ceremony is held in New Delhi every year, where the President of India gives out the honours. From Kangana Ranaut who has bagged her 3rd National Film Award, this year’s list of winners has films like Baahbubali and Dum Laga Ke Haisha too!
Here are the top winners of the 63rd National Awards:
1. S S Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali’ has won for Best Film
2. Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali has won the Best Director for Bajirao Mastani
3. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has won it for Best Actor for Piku
4. Kangana Ranaut won the Best Actress award for Tanu Weds Manu Returns
5. Dum Laga Ke Haisha has won the national award for Best Hindi film.
6. Kabir Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan won the Best popular film for providing wholesome entertainment.
Here’s the complete list of awards and Bollywood has surely won big!
Best Debut Film Of A Director: Neeraj Ghaywan for Masaan
Best Tamil Film: Visaranai
Best Sanskrit Film: Priyamanasam
Best Telugu Film: Kanche
Best Kannada Film: Thithi
Best Punjabi Film: Chauthi Koot
Best Konkani Film: Enemy
Best Assamese Film: Kothanodi
Best Haryanvi Film: Satrangi
Best Khasi Film: Onaatah
Best Manipuri Film: Eibusu Yaohanbiyu
Best Mizo Film: Kima’s Lode Beyond the Class
Best Odiya Film: Pahada Ra Luha
Best Malayalam Film: Pathemari
Best Supporting Actress: Tanvi Azmi (Bajirao Mastani)
Best Background Score: Ilayarajaa for Thara Thappattai
Special Jury Award: Kalki Koechlin for Margarita With A Straw
Best Song: Kaathirunnu by Jayachandran in Ennu Ninte Moideen
Best Choreography: Remo D’Souza for Bajirao Mastani
Special Mention: Ritika Singh for Irudhi Suttru
The chairpersons of the juries handed over the list of the awardees to Information and Broadcasting Minister Arun Jaitley on Monday morning. The ceremony to honour all the awardees will be held on 3 May.